Discrimination & Civil Rights
Chicago Discrimination and Civil Rights Attorney – The Law Offices of Al Hofeld, Jr., LLC
Al Hofeld Law is a litigation law firm that specializes in civil rights, including discrimination based on race. Whether you have experienced a hostile environment at work, unfair housing, police misconduct or another form of racial discrimination, a civil rights lawyer from our team in Chicago will work tirelessly to uncover the evidence to prove that you have been discriminated against.
If you believe that you have faced racial discrimination in any way, a civil rights attorney from our team in Chicago can help you receive the justice you deserve. At Al Holfeld Law, we will fight for justice for you.
We listen to our clients. Call us at (773) 241-5844 to get started with a civil rights lawyer in Chicago!
Fair Lending & Fair Housing Race Discrimination Lawyer In Chicago
Racial discrimination in renting and purchasing property is unfortunately still prevalent in Chicago. Mortgage lenders, insurance agents, landlords, and other housing personnel can strategically keep people of certain races out of their neighborhood or area.
At Al Hofeld Law, we believe that everyone deserves fair housing, fair lending, and reasonable accommodations. Unfortunately, there are still several ways in which people can covertly discriminate against minorities. Here are some examples of racial discrimination in housing and lending that merit the use of a race discrimination lawyer in Chicago:
- Overpriced Mortgage Loans – Mortgage loans are consistently overpriced for people of color and many people don’t fight it because they aren’t aware that they are being discriminated against. If you think that your mortgage loan is overpriced, a Chicago discrimination attorney will help you seek reparations.
- Overpriced Homeowner’s Insurance – Similar to overpriced mortgage loans, overpriced homeowner’s insurance is another way that neighborhoods and areas can keep people of color away. If a homeowner’s insurance agency does not give you a fair price compared to similar homes, you are entitled to file a claim.
- Refusal To Rent Or Sell – If you experience a landlord or seller that refuses to rent or sell property to you based on your race, you have a definite case to make. A Chicago discrimination attorney will work closely with you to obtain the evidence that you were refused housing based on your race.
- Targeted Advertising & Marketing – Advertising and marketing homes only to certain people is a discreet form of housing discrimination, but it still needs to be righted. If housing advertisements are targeted at certain groups of people to keep a race out, a Chicago race discrimination lawyer will fight for your right to fair housing.
If you have experienced any of these forms of unfair housing or leasing, you should enlist a Chicago discrimination attorney. At Al Hofeld Law, we are committed to fighting unjust housing and leasing to help our clients overcome the damage that racial discrimination causes.
Employment Race Discrimination Attorney In Chicago
The Civil Rights Act prohibits employers from discriminating against current employees and job applicants based on their race and other factors. Racial discrimination should never be allowed or overlooked in the workplace, and a race discrimination lawyer in Chicago can help.
Racial discrimination in the workplace can take several different forms at various stages of employment. Discrimination can occur during the hiring, recruiting, training, promoting, compensating, and terminating stages of employment.
Race discrimination during the hiring and recruiting processes is unfortunately pervasive. If you believe that a potential employer implemented certain measures to discern your race and not hire you because of it, a Chicago race discrimination attorney can fight for your rights.
Here are three examples that suggest racial discrimination for job applications:
- Seeking Job Applications From A Source That Ensures That Most Of The Applicants Are Of A Certain Race
- Adding Discriminatory Barriers That Have Nothing To Do With The Job’s Tasks & Duties
- Asking Pre-Employment Questions That Suggest Or Indicate Race
These are some of the red flags that an organization might racially discriminate against job applicants. If you have experienced any of the conditions listed above and believe that you were not hired because of your race, a Chicago race discrimination lawyer will help you fight this wrongful behavior.
Additionally, discrimination can also occur after a person of color has been hired by an organization. If a company that you worked for discriminated against you based on your race, you should enlist a Chicago race discrimination lawyer to seek restitution. Listed below are some types of race discrimination that can occur in the workplace:
- Harassment – Harassment of any kind should not be tolerated at work, and this is especially true of racial harassment. Racial harassment includes the use of slurs, insults, jokes, degrading comments, intolerance of differences, and general disgust. If you have experienced harassment, a Chicago race discrimination attorney will help you prove it.
- Hostile Work Environment – Race discrimination automatically creates a hostile work environment, which is detrimental to employees’ wellbeing. If you have experienced a hostile work environment because of racial discrimination, you deserve to be compensated for the damage.
- Wrongful Termination – Termination should always be based on job performance. If your employer terminated you without sufficient or legitimate evidence that you were not performing well, it could be due to racial discrimination. A Chicago race discrimination lawyer can help you prove that you were wrongfully terminated based on your race.
- Retaliation – Retaliation occurs when an employee exposes company misconduct and is punished for these actions. You should never be punished for doing the right thing. If you reported an experience of racial discrimination and were punished by the company, a Chicago discrimination attorney can help you fight back against retaliation.
- Unfair Wages & Hours – Wages should be based on your experience, qualifications, and job performance. If you have been subjected to unfair wages and/or hours because of your race, a Chicago race discrimination attorney will work tirelessly so that you receive compensation.
If you have experienced any of the examples of racial discrimination in the workplace listed above, an employment race discrimination attorney in Chicago can help make it right. At Al Hofeld Law, we will help you prove that you were racially discriminated against so that a fair and just settlement is reached.
Al Hofeld Law
An Experienced Race Discrimination Attorney In Chicago
The Law Offices of Al Holfeld Jr., LLC, is passionate about fighting injustice. At Al Holfeld Law, we are driven to achieve justice, compensation, and fair settlements for the victims of race discrimination. We know that financial compensation doesn’t repair the damage that racial discrimination causes, but it does help.
When you work with Al Hofeld Law, you don’t have to worry about your Chicago discrimination attorney not believing you or working hard enough on your case. We treat all of our clients with respect, courtesy, and dignity.
If you think that you are a victim of discrimination, a Chicago race discrimination lawyer from our team will help you file a claim to get relief for the damages that racial discrimination has caused you. Call us at (773) 241-5844 to get started with a race discrimination lawyer in Chicago!
FIGHT INJUSTICE WITH US.
Please tell us about your situation.
The Law Offices of Al Hofeld, Jr. LLC
Ph: (773) 241-5844
Fx: (312) 988-0057
53 W. Jackson, Suite 432
Chicago, IL 60604