Chicago Police Brutality Attorney
Police brutality or excessive force is not new or unusual in Chicago, but it is a violation of your civil rights. If you have suffered from an instance of police brutality, Chicago police brutality attorney Al Hofeld, Jr., can help you get justice.
The Law Offices of Al Hofeld, Jr., LLC is not afraid to litigate against police officers, the City Of Chicago, or any other person or organization responsible for causing harm to our clients. If you are a victim of police brutality, don’t delay. To work with a Chicago police brutality attorney at the Law Offices of Al Hofeld, Jr., LLC today, call (773) 241-5844.
Examples Of Excessive Force That Require A Chicago Police Brutality Lawyer
The use of excessive force by police officers is far too common and prevalent. Many people who experience unnecessary force aren’t aware that it’s excessive at the time; however, it is worthwhile to seek financial retribution for the injuries that you have suffered.
Law enforcement officers go through extensive training for all types of high-risk scenarios and situations. They are responsible to use their best judgment to determine the minimum amount of force required. If they exceed this, they are using unnecessary and excessive force.
If you have suffered any of these injuries as a result of excessive force used by a police officer, you are entitled to file a claim. A Chicago police brutality attorney will go over every detail of the incident with you to determine why the amount of force used was unnecessary and excessive.
- Stun Gun & Taser Injuries
- Pepper Spray Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Organ Damage
- Injuries As A Result Of Wrongful Shootings
Types Of Brutality That Chicago Police Brutality Attorneys Can Fight
Police brutality includes several different types of misconduct and mistreatment. Not all instances of police brutality look the same which leaves some people unsure of whether or not they have a case. Below is a list of the common types of police brutality that should be taken to court:
- Excessive Force – Excessive and unnecessary force is one of the most common forms of police brutality that Chicago police brutality lawyers deal with. Police officers are required by law to use no more than the necessary amount of force required to stop the illegal activity or detain the suspect.
- Racial Discrimination & Profiling – Police brutality affects people of color more than any other group of citizens. Law enforcement officers should treat people of all races equally and fairly. If you believe that you have been victim to police brutality because of your race, our Chicago police brutality attorneys can help you receive compensation.
- False Or Unlawful Arrest – Police officers that falsely or unlawfully arrest citizens are not doing their job right and they should be held accountable. False arrests are unconstitutional, unjust, and should be fought against. A Chicago police brutality attorney will uncover the evidence as to why the arrest was unlawful.
- Illegal Search & Seizure – Searches and seizures require a valid search warrant to be legal. Most citizens are unaware of what makes a search warrant legal versus illegal so they’ll allow law enforcement officers to search and seize their property illegally. If you think that you have been searched illegally, a Chicago police brutality lawyer can help.
- Coerced Confessions – People get tricked into making false confessions all too often. If you have been coerced by a police officer to confess to a crime that you did not commit, Chicago police brutality attorneys will help you fight back and reclaim your innocence.
- Illegal Retaliation – Law enforcement officers are not allowed to retaliate against citizens. Citizens should be able to exhibit their freedom of expression without being retaliated against unlawfully. If you did not break any laws but were retaliated against by a police officer, this is a form of police brutality.
- Violations Of Freedom Of Speech – Similarly, your freedom of speech should never be violated by a police officer. If you believe that your free speech has been abused by a police officer, Chicago police brutality lawyers can help your voice be heard.
Police brutality is a big issue, and it should be taken care of by legal experts. If you have experienced any of the types of police brutality listed above, please reach out to a Chicago police brutality lawyer right away.
At Al Hofeld Law, our Chicago police brutality attorneys are determined to help victims fight back against the broken, corrupt, and unjust system. We will work closely with you through every step to ensure that you receive a fair and just verdict.
What You Should Do If You’ve Experienced Police Brutality
If you have recently experienced police brutality and aren’t sure of what to do next, don’t worry. Your lawyer can help with everything and guide you through the process so that you can successfully receive compensation for the abuse that you’ve faced.
- Document The Details – Details are of the utmost importance in cases of police brutality. Your Chicago police brutality lawyer needs to know every detail of what occurred to best represent you in court. This includes the date, time, place, badge numbers, police department, and contact information of any witnesses.
- Preserve Any Evidence – If there is any photo or video evidence from the incident, preservation of this evidence is crucial. This includes photos of injuries, medical records, and videos of your interaction. Having evidence will help your case tremendously. If you don’t have any evidence, don’t worry; your attorney can still help you win the case.
- Contact A Lawyer – If you suspect that you are a victim of police brutality, it’s best to contact a Chicago police brutality lawyer right away. The lawyer can guide you through every step to make sure that you are taking the best approach possible based on your unique circumstances.
- File A Claim – There is a statute of limitations for police brutality claims so it’s important to file a claim right away. An attorney can help you file a claim and make sure that everything is filled out properly, accurately, and legally.
With an experienced Chicago police brutality attorney, you’ll have a legal professional on your side to help you receive the best compensation possible. The Law Offices of Al Hofeld, Jr. is a law firm that specializes in cases of police brutality. We serve the victims of police brutality and their families to help them get past this traumatic incident. Our Chicago police brutality attorneys have years of experience fighting, litigating, and winning cases in both state and federal court.
Al Hofeld Law – Experienced Chicago Police Brutality Lawyers
Cases of police brutality have a soft spot for the lawyers at the Law Offices of Al Hofeld, Jr., for multiple reasons. Al Hofeld, Jr., actually worked on a police brutality case in law school for the victims of a John Burge, a police commander in Chicago who tortured innocent citizens for confessions.
From then on, Al Hofeld, Jr., has been fiercely devoted to fighting for the civil rights of all citizens. Police brutality is a serious violation of civil rights that no citizen should have to endure. Our Chicago police brutality lawyers are dedicated to fighting against this horrible injustice.
At Al Hofeld Law, we have seen firsthand how police brutality causes detrimental repercussions to its victims. Consequently, our Chicago police brutality attorneys work tirelessly to fight the unfair and unjust treatment of these citizens.
We are not afraid to litigate against the City Of Chicago and any other parties responsible for causing damage to our clients. If you are a victim of police brutality, don’t wait to file a claim. To work with a Chicago police brutality attorney, call us at (773) 241-5844 to get started!
IF YOU ARE A VICTIM, WE CAN HELP YOU.
Please contact us to discuss your situation.
The Law Offices of Al Hofeld, Jr. LLC
Ph: (773) 241-5844
Fx: (312) 988-0057
53 W. Jackson, Suite 432
Chicago, IL 60604